Before you vacate the property please ensure that you have completed the following tasks and leave the property in a tidy and respectable condition. Note that the landlord may seek compensation for the cost of cleaning of the carpets, and the rest of the property; if the property is not left reasonably clean and tidy at the end of your tenancy.
Once you have returned the keys to The Rent Shop your property manager will check the property against its condition at the commencement of your tenancy. If there are any issues that your property manager should know about please inform them of these before you vacate the property.
- Replace all broken light bulbs, glass and mirrors.
- Remove all the rubbish from both the inside and outside the property.
- Clean all surfaces, including wiping out kitchen cupboards.
- Clean the interior windows, window sills, skirting boards, walls, light shades, fittings and ceilings.
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms, showers and toilets.
- Vacuum and mop all hard floor coverings.
- Clean the inside and outside of the oven, including the racks and trays, which are to left in the oven.
- Fumigate for fleas and cockroaches, if necessary.
- Consider having the carpets commercially cleaned and providing a receipt to your property manager.
- Mow the lawns and make sure no compost or prunings are left at the property.
- Return all keys and garage remotes to The Rent Shop by 12pm on the day you vacate the property.
- Advise your telephone and power company of your change of address and arrange for a mail redirection.
Your Property Manager will then inspect the property with you and arrange for the release of your bond from the Bond Processing Centre in Wellington provided the above tasks have been completed and there is no damage or outstanding maintenance. Please note that it may take at least 2-3 weeks for your bond to be refunded.
Fill out our online Vacate Notice form.
If you need further assistance while looking to rent or renting your property, please contact us.